"Omphale" redesign wool / pashmina scarf
We believe it is time to reconsider our consumption habits. We believe it is time to redesign with higher consciousness.
The process of redesign begins with the re-use of our materials. Re-use means for us minimizing waste and maximizing our sources.
That’s why we challenge our creative minds to transform what we already have into something new by using unique traditional handcrafting techniques.
All our Redesign items are made of fabrics and garments we already have in stock.
Collecting and using recyclable materials play also an important part in our redesign process.
We also aim to raise awareness of sustainable design with our 3RE Project to encourage people to make recycling a lifelong process.
"Omphale" is a handmade moulage scarf. (one piece only)
Re-used wool/viscose multi colour fabric is mixed with pashmina black scarf with fringes at edges.
If you would like to feel the quality and try it on first, please feel free to contact us for an appointment.
All our products are handmade, any imperfections are a peculiarity and positive quality of the treatment which make the garment unique and special.
CARE & WASH INSTRUCTIONS
Hand wash only. Do not machine wash, handle with care.
- For hand washing, choose a mild detergent and cold water. For wool fibers, choose a formula developed for wool or mild baby shampoo.
- Gently agitate the knitted item in the water. Never wring or scrub.
- Drain the sink and add fresh, cold water for rinsing. Avoid putting it directly under running water; the pressure can stretch it. Repeat this process until all the water is clear and free of suds.
- Support the item from underneath as you transfer it to a dry towel.
- Gently remove excess water and lay item flat on a dry, absorbent white towel and roll up in the towel, pressing firmly as you roll. Do not wring the towel.
- Lay a dry bath towel on a flat surface large enough to hold your garment with arms extended if appropriate.
- Place the knitted item on the dry towel and reshape into its original shape. Avoid tugging or pulling.
- Allow the item to dry for 24 hours. Keep it away from sun and heat.
- When it is dry, gently steam it on a hanger to remove wrinkles, this is a great way to freshen up knitwear you haven't washed, or lightly press with an iron on the wool or steam setting.
- Fold your garment and put it away. Never hang a knitted garment. The weight will stretch out the shoulders very quickly.